Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Quick Post: NOTD

Hi all! Just a quick post to show my nails. I used to paint my nails once a week, but they started turning yellow (even with a base coat) so I stopped to let them breathe. I still paint my nails once in a while, but not as much as I used to. Lately, I've just been using a treatment to make my nails stronger. I've always had weak, brittle nails. I subsribed to Julep Maven a few months ago. If you don't know what it is, it's a monthly subscription and they send you a box every month with at least 2 polishes and hand cream, body scrub, etc. You go to their website and take a style quiz. Based on your results, they send you nail polishes that match your style. My style is American Beauty. I've been receiving a lot of purple, hot pinks, and darker, vampy colors. Around Christmas time I got a box that had a jar of holographic star decals. You apply the stars when your polish is wet and apply a topcoat on them. Anyway, I decided to use the stars last night on my manicure. I got bored and decided to do my nails while I was watching The Bachelor. Does anyone watch that show? Ok, enough rambling. Here is my manicure. Please excuse the mess and my cuticles. I took the pictures before I cleaned up.


The color used, as you can see, was Wet'n'Wild Blue Moon. It is a gorgeous, dark blue with aqua sparkles/shimmer in it. The stars are the ones from Julep that I was talking about. I used Seche Vite as a topcoat. This is the first time, in a long time, that I've painted my nails. I have so much nail polish it's ridonkulous!

Hopefully I'll have a makeup look posted soon. I have been crazy uninspired lately. I haven't worn makeup in days. I hope I'll get my inspiration back soon! I'll be working on my next look for my tropical bird series either tonight or tomorrow. Maybe that will help. Well, so much for a quick post, right? Haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment