Monday, January 9, 2012

Makeupgeek Eyeshadow Review + Look (Pic Chunky)

I received my makeupgeek eyeshadows that I ordered. I have read a lot of good reviews about them, but why wouldn't they be good? Marlena is amazing! I am happy to support her. Anyway, I ordered seven of the shadows. I went for more colors than I did neutrals. I have a TON of neutrals that include the 28 neutral palette, the Naked palette, and 1.5 MAC palettes full of neutrals. So, without further ado, here are the makeupgeek shadows.

They come in little sleeves like the MAC pan refills
Vanilla Bean
Cocoa Bear
Dirty Martini
Fairytale
Wisteria
Poolside
Peacock
Top: Vanilla Bean, Cocoa Bear, Wisteria
Bottom: Fairytale, Poolside, Peacock, Dirty Martini
My Thoughts:
The feel of these shadows are amazing. They are so soft and feel like velvet. The swatches were 2 swipes on the shadows. Cocoa Bear wasn't as pigmented as I expected, but the rest were. These are the same size as a MAC eyeshadow and cost much less! You can get a MAC refill for $11 USD and these are $5.99 a piece. In my opinion they are worth it. I have never had a shadow that was as silky as these are. Look how pigmented Poolside and Peacock are! Um. Gorgeous. Will I buy again? Most definitely. I will be buying a lot more of these! If you are looking for a cheap alternative to MAC eyeshadows that have the same, if not more, pigmentation then check out makeupgeek's. You will not be disappointed. Now, on to the look.



Products Used:

Eyes:
Too Faced Shadow Insurance
NYX JEP Black Bean
Makeupgeek in Dirty Martini
Makeupgeek in Vanilla Bean
MAC Soft Brown
MAC Carbon
Maybelline Eyestudio gel liner in Blackest Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Face:
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Foundation in Soft Beige
MAC MSF Natural in Medium
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light
NYX Peach Blush
MAC Vanilla Pigment

Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Tutti Frutti

2 comments:

  1. Ooohhh... they look so pretty! Like I don't have enough eyeshadows... but I may have to get some of these! And now I want that lip butter that you're wearing. I've never tried them and didn't really have any interest in them but now I want one. Thanks haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I need more eyeshadow like I need a hole in my head haha. I seriously don't need anymore makeup, but I just can't stop buying it. o_O I picked up two of the lip butters at Walgreens the other night. I love the one I had on today. I haven't tried the other one yet, but it's a pink one. Go get some! You'll like them haha.

    ReplyDelete