Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Truth or Dare Cosmetics Review + Look

Yesterday I received the indie pigment order that I've been waiting on. This brand is called Truth or Dare Cosmetics. I found this brand on facebook. Jennifer makes the pigments, jars them, and ships them all on her own. She is a very sweet girl with excellent communication. If you like what you see you can check her out at TOD Cosmetics . Her store is reachable through her facebook fan page. She has a ton of colors that range from neutrals to brights, and she is adding glitters. I already have my eye on one of the glitters because it reminds me of MAC 3D Silver, which I LOVE! Anyway, her prices are about the same as other indie companies. Her full jars are $6, and you get a LOT of product in them. She also has a deal where you can try before you buy and all you pay is $1 for shipping. She will send you 5 random colors to try. She also has sales/deals. That's when I purchased mine. She was having a half off sale. So, I got all of my jars for $3 a piece. I haven't played around with these a whole lot, but from what I have, I love them. *NOTE* if you do not like glitter/shimmer then you may want to skip this. She does have mattes, but her colors mainly have very fine glitter/shimmer in them. With that out of the way, here are the swatches and the look I did.

You will see three layers in the swatches. The top is bare skin, the middle is MAC Painterly paintpot, and the bottom is NYX JEP in Milk.

These were my "try before you buy" samples. From L-R: In Flames, Brown Sugar, Haptic, Fierce, and Snoop
As you can see, the JEP really brings out the colors of these.

L-R: Scandal, Oh No!, Lime-Aid, Spook, Bright Eyes, and Wander
I also put Spook and Wander over NYX JEP in Black Bean. It really brought out the undertones of them! Check it out.
This is Spook
This is Wander
L-R: Brew Haha, Swamp Thing, Oops, Love, and Sweetness
As you can see from this picture, Sweetness is pretty sheer until you put it over something like the JEP in Milk. I bet this one would be amazing foiled! I also tried swap thing over Black Bean.

The glitters in these pigments are absolutely amazing, and I am so upset that I could not capture them the way they needed to be captured. However, if you check out her page she has plenty pictures that do capture the glitters in these. I must say that I am quite surprised with these pigments. Usually when pigments have fine glitter in them the glitter goes away as soon as you apply it to your eye, or it falls off immediately. That's not the case with these. I had absolutely no fall-out with these, nor did I have glitter fly everywhere and leave the pigments. I have a feeling that this company will become one of my favorite companies for buying pigments. If you would like to see one of the colors up close, please let me know. Now, on to the look.

It is cold and rainy here today, so I decided to do something bright.


Products Used:

Eyes:
TOD Bright Eyes (inner half of lid)
TOD Lime-Aid (outter half of lid)
TOD Wander (crease up to brow bone)
TOD Swamp Thing (lower lash line)
Revlon Matte Vintage Lace (highlight)
Maybelline Eyestudio gel liner in Blackest Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes

Face:
MAC MSF Natural in Medium
Rimmel Natural Bronzer in Sun Light
NARS Deep Throat blush
MAC Vanilla Pigment

Lips:
Revlon Lip Butter in Lollipop

3 comments:

  1. Wander and Haptic look AMAZING! Of course I love the look! And now I'm even more convinced that I want a Lip Butter! They make your lips look so nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I would've been able to pick up the glitter in all of them. They are all gorgeous. Wander is one of my favorites. Yes, get a lip butter! I only have the two, but I want to pick up more of them. I LOVE them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the good writeup. It in fact was a amusement account it. Look advanced to far added agreeable from you! By the way, how could we communicate?
    Vilano Aluminum Road Bike 21 Speed Shimano

    ReplyDelete