Friday, December 30, 2011

Glitter & Rhinestones: A Girl's Best Friend

I was going to start my tropical bird series this week, but I purchased some pigments (crazy, bright pigments) that I want to use on some of the looks. So, I got bored and decided to do this. I'm not crazy about it because the glitter decided to chunk up in some areas, and you really can't see the rest in the pictures. I'm still getting used to liquid liner because I don't use it that much. I prefer my gel liner. Anyway, here is a look I came up with. I hope you like it.

See how the glitter looks chunky? And you can't see the rest? Ugh. Fail.

The last two pictures are pretty similar, but you can see the crease and transition colors better in the middle picture.

Products Used:
MAC Painterly Paint Pot
NYX Ultra Pearl Mania in Mocha
MAC Corduroy e/s
MAC Soft Brown e/s
MAC Twinks e/s (mixed with Carbon in outer v/crease area)
MAC Carbon e/s (mixed with Twinks in outer v/crease area)
MAC Deep Truth e/s (mixed with Contrast on lower lash line)
MAC Contrast e/s (mixed with Deep Truth on lower lash line)
MAC Dazzlelight e/s
MAC Copper Sparkle glitter
Urban Decay 24/7 glide-on eyeliner in Zero
L'Oreal Lineur Intense liquid eyeliner in Black
L'Oreal Voluminous Million Lashes
Duo Lash Adhesive
Random rhinestones from craft store

As soon as I get the pigments in that I ordered I will be starting on my tropical bird series. I will have 9 looks to do in that series, and the first one will be based on Lulu, my mother-in-law's macaw. I'm excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment