Friday, August 17, 2012

Review: FX Brazilian Smooth

Hi lovelies! Today I thought I would do a review for a product I found while shopping in Walgreens. I was there to pick up my regular beauty/personal items and came across this while it was on clearance. I am not entirely sure how much the regular price of the product is, but I saw it at Wal-Mart for $5-$7. I picked this up at Walgreens on clearance for $2.17.


The product claims to "reduce up to 95% of curl and frizz for sleek straight style." Once you use the product, it is supposed to last up to 7 days. The directions say to wash your hair but do not condition. Then, apply the product evenly throughout your hair and comb it out. Next, dry your hair and straighten your hair with your flat iron. Lastly, wait 24 hours and wash your hair. After you complete these steps your hair will be smooth and straight for 7 days.

I took before and after pics of my hair. My hair does not have curl, but it has a few waves and is frizzy. The frizz is a product of damage from coloring my hair. No matter what I do to my hair (condition, deep condition, stop using products) it still stays frizzy. Right now it is at the elastic stage. Anyway, here are the pictures.

Front View
Right Side
Left Side
As you can see from the above pictures, my hair is pretty frizzy/wavy. Now, here are the pics after I followed the directions on the bottle.




The product definitely smoothed my hair like it said it would. This product also made my hair crazy soft; softer than when I use my conditioner. I follwed the instructions and washed my hair 24 hours later, but my hair was not as smooth. I even let it air dry. I have heard this product has worked for others, but it didn't work for my like I expected it to. I don't know if it is my type of hair or what? The product works well when I first apply it but not as well 24 hours later. Honestly, I don't know if you can tell a difference from me using the product and just straightening my hair with my GHD. You be the judge. Below I will post a pic without this product and just using heat protector and my ghd.

It looks as smooth to me. Does it to you?
I have used this product a few times and have always had the same results. Have you tried this product? Was it a success for you? Please let me know if it was!

No comments:

Post a Comment