Thursday, February 16, 2012

Putting It to the Test: Maybelline Color Tattoo

I'm sure most of you, if not all of you, know about the Maybelline Color Tattoo cream shadows. Many people are comparing these to MAC's paintpots. Not only are they a good dupe for the paintpots, but they are also better, in my opinion. Don't get me wrong. I love my painterly paintpot, but I prefer the colors and wear of the Maybelline compared to MAC. Maybelline claims that the color tattoo creams are 24 hour wear. I decided to put this to the test to see if they can hold up for 24 hours without primer on oily eye lids. The color I chose to test out is Pomegranate Punk. This test ran for a full 24 hours with pictures throughout the 24 hours.

Bare eye. No primer.
After application. Pomegranate Punk and Mascara.
4 hours in
12 hours. See the bit of creasing?
24 hours and after sleeping.
As you can see, the product didn't start creasing on me until around 12 hours. Even then you couldn't see it with the eye open. Honestly, I couldn't see it until the picture was taken. This was after me doing dishes and cleaning the house and sweating. At the 24 hour mark hardly any product was left and there was definitely more creasing. If I had applied a primer this would probably have stayed on longer without creasing. I do believe it holds up longer than most 24 hour products claim; however, if you have oily lids you may want to consider using a primer so it does not crease on you. Most people would not leave on a product for 24 hours anyway, so this product will definitely last 12 hours or more.

I love these shadows, and I plan on getting one in every color. They make excellent bases and shadows alone. Do you have any of the color tattoo shadows? Which one is your favorite?

No comments:

Post a Comment